Argo Blockchain PLC (“Argo”) is a dual-listed, publicly traded blockchain technology company focused on large-scale Bitcoin mining. With sustainability and ESG as its top priority, Argo champions the use of renewable sources of power to support the growth and development of blockchain technologies. Argo also participates in several Web 3.0, DeFi and GameFi projects through its Argo Labs division, further contributing to the development of the cryptocurrency markets.
People who are innovative, passionate, creative, and who like to get things done are Argo’s kind of people. We work smart, we thrive in ambiguity, and we expect that everyone on the Argo team will too. Argo values clear and respectful communication, knowledge sharing and collaboration.
ABOUT ARGO BLOCKCHAIN
Argo Blockchain plc is a dual-listed (LSE: ARB; NASDAQ: ARBK) blockchain technology company focused on large-scale cryptocurrency mining. With its flagship mining facility in Texas, and offices in the US, Canada, and the UK, Argo’s global, sustainable operations are predominantly powered by renewable energy. In 2021, Argo became the first climate positive cryptocurrency mining company, and a signatory to the Crypto Climate Accord. Argo participates in several Web 3.0, DeFi and GameFi projects through its Argo Labs division, further contributing to the development of the cryptocurrency markets.
An innovative, passionate, and creative team made up of high-performers, Argo employees thrive in a fast-paced work environment and are able to pivot on a dime. As an organization, Argo values clear, respectful communication and collaboration. As the first climate positive cryptocurrency mining company, Argo embodies sustainability. For more information, visit www.argoblockchain.com.
Argo is looking for a Data Center Operations Manager to oversee all critical infrastructure of our two blockchain mining facilities in Quebec, Canada. Reporting to the VP of Data Center Operations, the ideal candidate will be passionate about cryptocurrency and blockchain technology, and interested in driving growth in a dynamic organization.
Naturally detail-oriented, resourceful, and a self-starter, the Data Center Operations Manager will thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a proven track record of developing meticulous processes and procedures while building strong teams from the ground up. Their solution-oriented and pragmatic approach will make complex systems management a breeze, and motivating high-performing productive teams will be second nature to them.
With a touchpoint to all infrastructure components including but not limited to mechanical and electrical systems, building management software, access control, and physical security, the Data Center Operations Manager will be high-impact. This role will ensure the efficient utilization of resources while providing steadfast leadership and strategy in a competitive industry.
This is a full-time position with the ability to respond to after-hours issues as needed. Candidates must live (or be willing to relocate) within driving distance of Mirabel, Quebec.
- Managing all aspects of our Quebec Data Center operations including people, equipment, and facilities
- Lead and oversee a team of PCB repair technicians, security guards, and external contractors (as needed)
- Building internal processes for a growing team in a technical and fast-moving industry
- Inventory management of all facility equipment and blockchain mining assets
- Strategic procurement of all required operational equipment (IT, security, facility, maintenance)
- Collaborating with the Senior Leadership Team on the strategic development of operations
- Manage all aspects of the Mechanical and Electrical operations within the Data Center
- Responsible for leading troubleshooting processes and repairs in case of events or equipment failure and make recommendations to prevent reoccurrence of such events
- Manage and track cooling capacity, temperatures and efficiency throughout the Data Center
- Manage and track electrical capacity, loads and breaker availability
- Maintain detailed site specification documentation of As-Builts, and Single-Lines
- Plan physical environment installs including capacity expansions, system upgrades
- Ability to cover 24 x 7 support escalations / DC incidents management and service calls for timely recovery
- Optimize Immersion cooling and electrical distribution
- Schedule, manage and document vendor provided preventive maintenances per the manufacturer’s specifications of all equipment
- Oversee procedures and protocols for PCB diagnostics and board-level repairs
- Review and approve all facilities maintenance tasks/MOPS when required as part of change management system
- Oversee and monitor all facilities record keeping
- Liaise with vendors and counterparts within the company for onsite infrastructure and service related issues and processes
- Maintain accurate site documentation such as maintenance records, power consumption, temperature trends
- Ensure that best practices are adhered to in areas of cooling and electrical documentation
- Manage installs against aggressive schedules
- Participate in facilities post incident reviews as required
- Participate in regular facilities audits
- University degree in electrical or computer engineering, computer science, or similar
- 7+ years of experience in managing a technical staff
- 5+ years experience in managing mission critical facilities
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in PCB diagnostics
- Experience with immersion cooling systems
- Experience with AutoCAD and Visio
- Experience in complex construction projects
- In-depth understanding of electrical components and diagrams, electrical theory and its application in electronics
- Ability to read and comprehend single line diagrams
- Experience providing leadership, motivation and direction to a team
- Previous experience in a start-up environment (or similar) is preferred
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Fluency in both English and French is required (written, reading and oral communication)
- A natural ability to think creatively and problem-solve
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships in short periods of time with direct reports, colleagues, and suppliers
- Great attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, 24x7 environment
- The ability to roll up your sleeves and help where needed is essential
- A sense of humor is appreciated